BE PROFESSIONAL AT ALL TIMES!
The World Championship Coyote Calling Contest® (WCCCC®) has strong feeling on a few coyote calling techniques, practices, and actions that should not be taken. First we must discuss each hunters individual actions before we talk about equipment, techniques, and tools. They include;
- Never Trespass! Never Trespass! Never Trespass!
- Never-Never commit, participate, or even witness an act of animal cruelty as defined by the law!
- Report immediately all acts of animal cruelty as defined by the law.
- Never- ever commit any game violations of any kind! Turn yourself in if need be!
- Never be rude or uncooperative to law enforcement or Game and Fish personnel-even if they are wrong at the time. Work it out later with a supervisor or in court.
- Never use any animal(s) as a live decoy (excluding trained decoy dogs of course).
- Never harm any animal(s) to cause them to make distress sounds for any reason.
- Never use and poisons or chemicals that can be harmful to any animal(s).
- Never intentionally cause harm to any animal(s) in captivity for any reason.
- Never break any traffic laws while coyote calling or hunting.
- Never break any civil or criminal laws while coyote calling or hunting!
- Never be rude or uncooperative to any landowners or land managers-even if they are wrong at the time-work it out later.
- Never feed coyotes in a residential area for any reason.
EQUIPMENT, TECHNIQUES, ACTIONS, AND TOOLS WE DO NOT SUPPORT;
- Never use a motorized vehicle to injure or kill a coyote.
- Never use illegal devices as defined by the law to subdue coyotes!
- Never use live animals of any type to lure coyotes.
- If you accidently harm an unintended target turn yourself in and tell the truth about what happened.
- Never use illegal devices (as defined by the law) to subdue coyotes; full auto firearms, drones, and similar.